Employer & Industry Opportunities
How can Northern Opportunities benefit my company?
- Access to a local labour pool with core competencies required for skilled employment
- Training aligned with industry standards and expectations
- “Trained in the North for the North”
How can I access a skilled workforce?
For the programs presently available in this region, click on “The Programs” link in the menu above.
- Make arrangements with the post-secondary institutions to speak with program graduates.
- Come and talk to the graduates at the “trades fair”
- Promote opportunities in your industry within the schools
- Tap non-traditional talent pools – Check the benefits of hiring First Nations employees
- Add your organization to our online employer directory
What resources are available to employers?
- Get referrals for potential employees
- Contact Pam Eales at firstname.lastname@example.org or the T.R.A.D.E.S. office for apprenticeship support.
- State your expectations through the Employers’ Steering Groups
- Find out how to make work experience work for you? download “Northern Opportunities Resource Manual Employers“
- Get the latest Industry Training Authority news at www.itabc.ca
Plan for the future
- The entire Northern Opportunities program came about because of a partnership with industry. You are an important part of the process.
- Train a workforce to meet your specific needs. Invest in youth and gain benefits for both your company and our communities.
- Youth bring fresh ideas, energy and enthusiasm to the workplace. Youth are your opportunity to develop long term, skilled and effective employees.
- Failure to act might mean missed investment opportunities and reduced productivity if you cannot find the skilled workforce that you need.
- Contact us if you have a suggestion or any training needs.
Interested in getting involved? This is how you can help:
- Participate on a steering committee or program advisory committee
- Provide input into the curriculum
- Offer opportunities for job shadowing, work experience and mentorship
- Invest in apprentices
- Facilitate career information, industry speakers, and site tours
- Assist with training by opening your worksite to students and instructors
- Provide equipment, tools and training resources
- Make financial contributions to specific projects to expand pathway options
- Promote skilled careers as first choice career options
- For further information, Contact us.