Spectra Energy Endowment Fund
Spectra Energy helps provide youth with the broadest options for their future and build a highly skilled employee base for our communities. The Spectra Energy Endowment Fund provides bursaries to recognize the accomplishments and provide financial help to students in northeast BC who are participating in a Northern Opportunities dual credit program and apprenticeship.
Bursaries of up to $2,000 are awarded as non-repayable monetary awards, based on financial need and basic academic achievements, to assist selected students enrolled in a trades/technology program and students demonstrating high achievement in a trades/technology program.
Spectra Energy administers this awards program with input from its educational partners in northeast BC, specifically School Districts 59, 60, 81, and Northern Lights College. Only completed applications will be reviewed by a committee for consideration for a bursary. Please ensure your program is eligible for consideration before completing this application. If you have any questions, please contact your school’s dual credit coordinator.
- Spectra Energy Endowment Fund Program Description
- Spectra Energy Student Awards Application
If you are a student in need of financial help and wish to apply for a Spectra Energy Endowment Fund bursaries, we ask that you please consider the following when completing your application:
1. The intent of these awards is to assist students that require financial help.
- Ensure your budget clearly outlines your expenses and income. If required, be prepared to explain how you calculated your budget.
- Your reference (teacher or counselor) may be required to comment on your financial need.
2. Ensure your essay is easily read
- If you are submitting a hand written copy, please ensure it is clearly legible
- Include your current address on your essay.
Priority will be given to students who are beginning their dual credit program, though students nearing completion will also be considered. Bursaries are awarded to a maximum of $2,000 each based on financial need. Only completed applications will be considered.
Applications will be accepted twice annually.
Awards for Fall Semester
- Application due November 15
- Selection Committee reviews application from November – January
- Scholarships and Bursaries Awarded by no later than January 31.
Awards for Spring Semester
- Application due March 15
- Selection Committee reviews application from March
- Scholarships and Bursaries Awarded no later than April 30
How to Apply
To apply for financial awards, students should review the awards program description; complete an application and submit to your school’s Dual Credit Coordinator.